CQD IS CRUCIAL FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT
CQD provides a comprehensive solution for law enforcement that will increase the overall capability of each officer, ensure they utilize appropriate actions in all situations, and develop their character to serve as positive examples.
- Most Efficient-Most Effective – CQD’s streamlined teaching methodology emphasizes simplicity and functionality ensuring the ability to responsibly utilize the system to accomplish the objective.
- Full-Circle System – Training integrates unarmed-armed skills for the individual and team and instills justifiable actions/responses with knowledge of legal ramifications.
- Validation and Accountability – CQD provides undeniable methods of evaluation and assessment for each officer, followed by review, remediation, and advancement ensuring the highest level of officer readiness.
- Core Confidence™ – CQD training combined with stress inoculation and management instills the ability and confidence within each officer to instantaneously “dial” their level of intensity and action dependent upon the situation. This eliminates inappropriate responses thereby greatly reducing civil and financial liability and instances of abusive actions.
- Tactical and Compassionate Officer™ – The training develops a tactically proficient officer, as well as someone who serves their community as a positive example and mentor.
- Universal Applicability – Immediately applicable for all male and female officers, public safety and emergency services, courts and security, child protective services, and social workers.
Officer Readiness Training
“Operational” means that all skills taught within initial and advanced CQD courses are applicable to high-risk situations and can be functionally utilized for both personal defense and all aspects of an officer’s duties. Upon completion of the course the individual has attained “operational readiness” and is capable of using the skills appropriately within the scope of the level achieved.
For all courses, CQD provides a high level of accountability and quality control through its Validation/Accountability Service. This service utilizes various methods to undeniably evaluate the capabilities of each officer under the realistic pressure and chaos of the high-risk situation. These methods ensure all personnel undergo the same training and evaluation allowing for true assessment and subsequent remediation and produce a greater depth of understanding and confidence. Various Maryland law enforcement agencies have utilized this Validation/Accountability Service for pre- and post- engagement assessment as well as to evaluate the student's suitability for duty.
Sustainment Training is available for course graduates who wish to maintain and strengthen their skills. These courses provide a greater depth of knowledge and include the addition of new skills and drills to ensure the advancement of the officer is continually evolving. Time is allotted throughout the course for questions on all topics, as well as clarification on points that may arise from a change in operational objectives.
Sustainment Representative Program
For law enforcement groups that have an established program, CQD offers training certifications that enable vetted course graduates to become Sustainment Representatives (SR) for their organization in order to maintain CQD readiness at their own facilities. Students will participate in an intense training program designed to provide a deeper comprehension of CQD theories and techniques thereby providing integration and interoperability among all personnel within their unit. SR’s provide a resident expert to reinforce, sustain, and advance components of the CQD system, thus ensuring a high level of quality and accountability.
Instructor Training and Licensing Program
For those law enforcement agencies that choose to make a commitment with personnel and facilities, CQD has established the Instructor Training and Licensing Program. This program certifies selected and fully vetted individuals to teach components of the system and is designed to provide a progressive, operationally focused, and standardized program of instruction for an entire organization.
Though the skills of CQD may be utilized as a student learns it, the system is complex to teach with the depth of knowledge necessary to maintain a high standard of excellence. Therefore, CQD employs an in-depth process to produce the highest quality instructors. This process develops the candidate professionally, and instills an ethos in each instructor. In the standard CQD Instructor Training Program, prospective students undergo Forging, Instructor Training, and Validation/Accountability Training, followed by periodic Sustainment Training.